[bt-devel] Release notes for BibleTime 2.10.0.beta1

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 07:59:29 MST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jaak,
>
> Here are the release notes that I could find.
>
> Greg,
>
> Any better description of the "transports".

SWORD (and now BibleTime) now supports installing from module repositories
that are hosted over HTTP or HTTPS (using Apache's default directory
listing technology) or SFTP. Like the FTP transport before it, each of them
supports optional username/password authentication methods. At this time,
SFTP does not support public key auth but it might "accidentally" work if
you use RSA and have your key stored in ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub... I think it's
RSA that it defaults to looking for.

Leveraging them is the same as leveraging previous FTP module repositories.
Enter a host name, path to the root of the SWORD repository, optional
username and password. SWORD and cURL do the rest - note that this is only
available if SWORD is built with libcurl support.

--Greg