[bt-devel] New BibleTime Frontend Proposal

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:16:09 MST 2013

On 04/11/2013 11:36 PM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 12.04.2013 06:01, Gary Holmlund wrote:
>> I have been watching smart phones and tablets rise in sales as
>> desktop/laptop computers are not selling very well. I think it is
>> time to think about BibleTime for mobile computers.
> Laptops/desktops will not go anywhere. People still need them for work
> (proper word processing for most).

I am not suggesting that laptops/desktops will go away, just that there
are similar numbers of usage of mobile versus laptop/desktop.

> I like the idea. I'm not that into mobile myself, but I think for
> BibleTime its worth the effort. I think the main gains for the project
> would be:
>
>    1) more users (yay!)
>    2) potentially more devs (yay!)
>    3) better backend/frontend interface (refactoring, yay!)
>    4) refactoring efforts would improve the overall code quality (yay!)
3) I have already noted several issues related to frontend / backend.

> However, there's already the BibleTime Mini effort. Is there a
> relation to that?
I don't think so. BibleTime Mini is still Qt Widget based so it won't
work with the new Qt Android/IOS support. It is targeted at the Windows
Mobile 5.0 phones which is getting old.

Gary