[bt-devel] New Find Docking Window

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:50:30 MST 2012

On 11/03/2012 02:42 AM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> Personally I would suggest that the widget not be a dock widget, but
> to only appear at the top or bottom of the CMDIArea container. To have
> it as a dockable or floatable widget would not be a (huge) benefit.
> The dock widget header by itself takes a lot of screen space. If it
> wraps to multiple lines, I don't think it looks good at all (see
> attached screenshot).
>
> Additionally, the "Previous" and "Next" buttons should be disabled if
> no works are open (or focused).
>
> It might be better to write "Match case" instead of "Case sensitive".
>

> Blessings!
> Jaak
Jaak,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually tried it at the bottom of the
CMDIArea container and debated with myself about which is better. That
version looks almost the same as the search at the bottom of Qt
Assistant. I went with the docking window approach thinking it took no
extra screen space when tabbed with another docking window. I can
certainly change to the other way without much effort.

You suggestions about Previous/Nest and Match case sound good.

Gary