[bt-devel] drc version crash ....

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Jan 4 14:56:25 MST 2012

On 12/31/2011 7:52 AM, Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ....  Following a post by Peter von Kahne on Sword Support,
> I've been looking for versions with Apocrypha/Deutero-canon.  There
> doesn't seem to be anything in either Crosswire, or Crosswire Beta
> unless I've missed one.  I looked in experimentalraw and downloaded the
> DRC version assuming it would have all the books.  It opens showing the
> last verse of Revelation as Genesis 1:1 and if I try to do anything at
> all, BibleTime crashes.  I can't use the Launchpad bug reporting system
> as it won't let me because I didn't get the package from the Ubuntu
> repo.  I'm using 2.9.1 from Crosswire repo running under Ubuntu Precise
> Pangolin 12.04 alpha 1.
>
> Question: is there an English AV11 bible version with either Apocrypha
> or the Deutero-canonical books?
>
> God bless,        Barry.

Most of the Bibles with deuterocanonicals will appear in the avraw
repository. There are a few dozen Bibles there currently, a few of which
are in English and have deuterocanonicals.

The DRCgb module in experimentalraw, like everything in that repository,
is not for use by users. Support of GenBook Bibles should probably not
be a priority for BibleTime. (Support for av11n Bibles, as offered in
the avraw repo, should be a priority, if they aren't already fully
supported.)

--Chris