[bt-devel] 2.9 release schedule

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:05:22 MST 2011


One important aspect of a feature freeze is that not new strings be 
added to the ui that will need translation. I think if you meet this 
aspect, adding the config system after beta 2 is OK with me.


On 9/29/2011 9:25 AM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> Hash: SHA1
> Maybe a delay of 1 week (or 2) would be OK. This would make it possible
> for us to release on December 17. Anything more than that would mean
> that we would have to skip a release candidate.
> However, if other developers agree that we don't follow the "feature
> freeze" so strictly this time, then I think I could manage to release
> the second beta on Saturday although I'll be out-of-town.
> Jaak+
> On 29.09.2011 17:18, Martin Gruner wrote:
>> Dear Jaak,
>> as you will expect, I would only like a delay if you can specify a
>> timeframe for it which is in the forseeable future. :D
>> Best regards, mg
>> Am 29.09.11 08:07, schrieb Jaak Ristioja:
>>> Hi!
>>> According to
>>>    http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Release_Schedules/2.9
>>> we are supposed to release a second beta on October 1, this Saturday.
>>> This should also mean a feature freeze, e.g. no new features will be
>>> included into 2.9 until its final release.
>>> I'm writing to ask all developers whether they are okay with the current
>>> schedule or whether we should delay (again).
>>> What do you think?
>>> Personally, I'd still like finish integrating the new QSettings-based
>>> config system developed by Patrick into BibleTime for the first release
>>> candidate. However, this might not qualify as a "feature" as per se,
>>> especially if done properly, i.e. it should not be an user-visible
>>> feature.
>>> Blessings!
>>> Jaak

More information about the bt-devel mailing list