[bt-devel] [Enquiries] BibleTime only opens with 13MB

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Sun May 29 08:04:23 MST 2011

Dear James,

BibleTime is just a piece of computer software written by volunteers in
our free time. BibleTime works as a front-end or interface to a another
piece of back-end software called "The Sword library", which makes is
possible for BibleTime to display Bibles/Lexicons/Devotionals and other
works stored as data on your hard drive. Sword also provides a means to
download new works from the internet. This means is also used by
BibleTime (see "Bookshelf manager" from the "Settings" menu).

When you download and install BibleTime, it does not come with a set of
works installed. If you installed BibleTime for the first time, and it
does show other works, then those works must have been installed by some
other Bible application which uses Sword as its back-end. BibleTime also
tries to use those by default.

However, to install new works (e.g. devotionals), you need to use the
Bookshelf Manager from the "Settings" menu of BibleTime.

Jaak