[bt-devel] Close button on tabs

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat Aug 20 15:12:22 MST 2011

On Saturday 20 August 2011 17:17:41 Gary Holmlund wrote:
> The QMdiArea manages the QTabBar, but does not give any direct functions
> for accessing it. There is only one QTabBar when in tab mode and it is
> deleted when you are not in tab mode. It is not possible to mix using
> your own QTabBar or QTabWidget with QMdiArea. If we do not use
> findChildren the tab close buttons cannot be implemented.

I was looking to do this in another Qt app I've been playing around with, and
it seems to be the only way you can add the close button to the tabs. I think
this way of doing things actually comes from the Qt documentation (but I could
be wrong).

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za