[bt-devel] 2.9 release schedule extended

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:21:30 MST 2011

On 4/1/2011 8:43 AM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Since there were no significant changes in the BibleTime codebase
> lately, I have extended the 2.9 release schedule by 6 months. No April
> Fools. See http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Release_Schedules/2.9 for
> details. Fixes for the stable 2.8 series will hopefully continue soon.
>
> A discussion on this matter is welcome on this mailing list.
>

> Blessings,
> Jaak Ristioja
>

> PS: I'm sorry that I've been quite in the BibleTime project inactive
> myself since my graduation and new job. I've got at least 16
> BibleTime-related things on my TODO list (bugs/merge requests etc), some
> of them are on hold from January. I have not forgotten them, I just
> haven't found the time.
Jaak,

This is fine with me. I did add the feature that allows both Bible and
commentary modules to display in parallel, but that probably does not
justify a release.

I have started work on how CSwordKey changes get propagated around to
the various UI widgets. Right now various widgets signal other widgets
and there are flags involved so they don't create a recursive loop of
notifying each other. When I am done, only the CSwordKey will signal a
key change. Since each UI widget and DisplayWindow have a pointer to
this key, each can catch the key's signal and respond. It should greatly
reduce the coupling between widgets. It probably will fix some bugs
similar to the one I fixed recently related to the Personal Commentary
not saving correctly. It will probably be a little while before I can
complete this.

Gary