[bt-devel] next release, releases, project management

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Thu Sep 2 11:16:03 MST 2010

Hi Jaak.

I would like to ask you to take over the project management of
BibleTime. Will you do that?

Your first duties will be
- to create a bugfix release
- to document the release policy in the wiki.

Creating a release is very simple: make changes to CMakeLists.txt and
commit it, create a tag, (create a branch if it is a new major release),
and run a small script to download the sources freshly from Git and tar
them up before uploading to SF. I added my old version of that script
for SVN to our repository. You should already have the permissions to
make file uploads on SF (as you're a project admin).

I agree with Gary on the release policy that we will have probably
several bugfix releases per year in addition to the major bi-annual
feature releases. This should be documented as well.

Best regards,
mg