No subject

Wed Nov 24 15:51:32 MST 2010

widget?  The performance of wxHTML (and previously the BibleTime
KHTML) widget is terrible.  The first time I tried to open one of
these modules using a wxHTML widget it took upwards of 5 minutes,
whereas Firefox was able to gobble it up in a few seconds.

I would imagine QtWebKit to be more akin (and maybe faster) to
Firefox's performance than wx's.  I'll give it a go and see how it
turns out with Early Church Fathers.  Also, when you say "lazy
entire work, and you just feed the widget more data as it is needed?
Because that would be an equivalent Use Case with better
under-the-hood performance.

>> A possible alternative would be to display a chapter at a time (Chapters =
>> First level nodes). Perhaps the display granularity could be a display
>> option chosen by the user. I would encourage you to experiment along these
>> lines.
>
> There is a module .conf entry for genbooks, DisplayLevel, which indicates
> this; DisplayLevel=1 is the default, meaning show the lowest level of
> hierarchy at once. DisplayLevel=2, which some of the genbooks have, means
> show the two lowest levels of hierarchy together (so for the book of
> Jubilees for example, it would should a whole chapter at a time). If I
> remember correctly, BibleTime already supports this feature.

Hmm, that's an interesting thing I wasn't aware of.  I might have to
fidget with that to see how/if it works.

--Greg