[bt-devel] Reviewing the Release Cycle

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at goodking.ca
Thu May 27 19:54:21 MST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:33:00PM +0200, Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree that we can change the release cycle to be longer.
> Thomas already put the dates for 2.8 into the wiki:
>
> Beta version 2010-06-30 feature freeze
> Release candidate 2010-07-07 i18n freeze (aka string freeze)
> Final release 2010-07-14
>
> This is based on the current, 8-week schedule, I believe. I have no
> problem with extending that for 2.8, but this schedule would work best
> for me, because I will be on vacation after that. So somebody else would
> have to do the release. If somebody volunteers, then we can change the
> release dates. After 2.8, we can switch to a quarterly release cycle anyway.
>
> What's going to be in 2.8 anyway? The
> http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Development_Plan is still very short...
>
> Regards, mg

I updated it simply for the sake of having something in place in absence
of a real plan.  What ever was done, can certainly be undone.

So my thought is that stay the course for 2.8, and then extend it for
2.9 to 12 weeks.

July and August is great camping weather, be a shame to go and waste it :)

Thomas

--
Thomas Abthorpe
thomas at goodking.ca