[bt-devel] Patch for the new Idea

Olaf Radicke briefkasten at olaf-radicke.de
Fri Jun 25 01:41:42 MST 2010

Hi Jaak and all!

Am Freitag, den 25.06.2010, 00:40 +0300 schrieb Jaak Ristioja:
> On 20.06.2010 00:14, Olaf Radicke wrote:
> > In the attachment is my patch. Look at that, please.
>
> I really like your idea, and by itself your patch looks quite good.
> However, there are
> some issues with this approach:
> 1) BibleMemorizer might not be installed
> 2) we might also want to support other software

Aye, that is clear! In the ticket-system you found a second way (patch):
No.:3018656
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3018656&group_id=954&atid=350954)

> Therefore, I think BibleTime would benefit more from a feature that
> would allow the user
> to configure and run arbitrary tools in similar fashion.

Aye! It is only a 'prof of concept'.

BibleTime can get one interface, it is static. Best way: XML. so
programs can develop on it.

And one interface for unknown use, for 'normally' user. Like this:

[program name] %t %b %c %v %f

%t = translation
%b = book
%c = chapter
%v = verse
%f = full cite verse

For example, BibleTime can call:

BibleMemorizer --verse='%b %c:%v' --cite='%f' --trans='%t'

That is the way of Kmail:
http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Use_gvim_in_kmail
http://www.easylinux.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2004/02/060-kde-tipps/kde-15.png

nice time,