[bt-devel] Remove DBUS?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Jul 26 07:06:22 MST 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Raoul Snyman wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:50:01 +0300, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> > How would you guys feel about removing DBUS support?
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what can one do with the DBUS support in BT?

Hi. I have been quiet for some time (and unfortunately will be for some
time) but I try to keep up with what's happening.

You probably have qdbusviewer installed (here on Kubuntu it's part of
qt4-dev-tools package). Open BibleTime. Open qdbusviever (from command
line). Find BibleTime in the viewer. Play.

You can see that if you want to replace DBUS with command line arguments
you need to do quite much work. DBUS has great potential which
hasn't been used this far. But there's no reason to remove DBUS - rather
we should find new innovative ways to use it.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland