[bt-devel] On Linux too?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 31 19:07:52 MST 2010

Eeli,

When writing SWORD tools (and frontends) it is often beneficial to use
your SWORD executable on modules other than the globally configured
modules.  To support this, SWORD will use a module configuration set
located in the CWD if one exists.  This has always been the way things
have worked (well, for at least 10 years).   This allows you to run
installmgr, mod2osis, bibletime, or whatever other program, e.g., from a
CD and it will work again the modules found on that CD, or from a
directory containing a work in progress and the software will operate on
that work.  I hope you see the benefits.  There is a detailed
description of the default lookup logic the SWORD engine takes to find
its library, here:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/INSTALL

Under:
MODULE INSTALLATION SCHEME