[bt-devel] Tabbed Windows Implemented / New Windows Version Available

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:41:01 MST 2010

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> While testing this Windows build a noticed couple of bugs.
>
> First, the old "main toolbar is placed over the menu" bug reappeared
> several times in a row even when I closed and opened BT again. Quite
> annoying, and I guess novice users who are trying BT out may abandon it
> because they don't know how to switch the toolbar off or just don't want
> to play anymore with a buggy application.

I believe I have fixed this problem. After trying for a long time to
reproduce it in the debug version, I finally switched to the release
version and found it was relatively easy to reproduce. I then could
experiment and see if I could fix it. I then found that if I invalidate
the layout of the main window after restoring the initial session, I
forced it to recalculate the positions of everything. After that I have
not been able to reproduce the problem. Please test and see if you see
the problem any more.  There is a new windows version to test at
http://sourcearchives.com/downloads
> Second, the Grid arrangement mode doesn't automatically resize a text
> window when I restart BT and resize the main window. If I change to
> another mode and back to Grid it starts to work. Also, if I open a new
> work in new window, it behaves like the manual mode (it opens
> minimized).

I fixed these issues also.

Gary Holmlund