[bt-devel] Feature-a-thon - Tabs Within Windows

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Jan 13 14:42:53 MST 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> While the top level tabbed windows I originally proposed would be easy
> to do, I feel that the other choice you made or having tabs within
> windows is a very good idea. I don't believe both should be done as we
> would have tabbed windows with tabs inside of them. I don't think that
> would look right.

It's of course a usability problem if we have two or even three levels
of tabs (three with my "Session tabs" proposition, your "windows as
tabs" and my "tabs inside windows"). It's not as bad if we can use tabs
in different locations (north/south). We should also remember that we
should select good and easy defaults, and users don't have to mix
different features if they don't like them. It's like the work selector
buttons vs. window header - you can use both but can switch either of
them off.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland