[bt-devel] Building against different Qt versions

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 09:15:45 MST 2010

Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way I can test whether BibleTime builds against older Qt versions? For testing
> other Qt projects I have several old versions of Qt built in different directories. For
> qmake-based projects building against those would be a point-and-click operation in Qt
> Creator. But since we are using CMake, how can we test whether BibleTime builds against
> certain Qt versions, without installing an old version of Qt on the whole system? Thanks.
>
> +
> Jaak

Do something like the following lines in a bash window. Then rebuild
bibletime by either deleting the build directory or just the
build/CMakeCache.txt and doing a clean build.

export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.0-debug
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is needed at runtime.

Gary