[bt-devel] BibleTime 2.6 released

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Feb 25 02:07:40 MST 2010

I wrote the announcement in wiki, it's in the discussion page but can be
moved to release page if it looks good:

http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Talk:Release_announcements

BTW, I also updated the freshmeat and opendesktop.org accounts. It was
nice to see our Windows version added to softpedia.com. It would be good
if people visited those (and other possible) pages and rated BibleTime
as good - it may help new users to find and try it. Especially
softpedia.com shows how fierce the competition is in the Windows
environment - there are dozens of free Bible related applications. PR
and the first impression is very important. On the other hand, we should
keep in mind that Linux doesn't have too many Bible study applications
and we must always keep it as the first priority. I guess most of our
users are still those who install from different Linux packages and of
whom we never will hear.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland