[bt-devel] MDI Style ToolBars

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:29:30 MST 2010

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Gary Holmlund wrote:
>
>> It defaults to using toolbars in the main window, but the View >
>> Toolbars > Show toolbars in text windows menu will switch the toolbar
>> location. I have made a few changed in he View menu, so please comment
>> on these.
>>
>> So, tell me what you think about it.
>>

> I'm not sure if changing the default location is a good thing,
> especially for those who have already had BT installed and upgrade to
> the new version.
>
> I immediately run into some problems with several text windows. I put
> the bar to the text windows - it went to the single window which was
> there. I opened another window, but it didn't have the bar. I activated
> the other window by clicking on it - the bar disappeared and there
> wasn't a toolbar at all in the application.
>
> You should test your work better: change the toolbar location, change
> other toolbar settings, change window arrangement modes, use 0, 1, 2 or
> more windows, quit and start the application, delete the config file and
> start from scratch... all these several times in different combinations.
>
> But the general concept feels working - it just needs some reorientation
> of an old user.

I was planning more testing before merging with the trunk. I did a lot
of testing on various parts as I went along. The function to switch
between the two locations was the last I implemented. I guess I got a
little anxious for feedback and did not test it as much as I should
have. I have corrected the problem you found.

I have also changed the default to have the toolbars in the text
windows. I have pushed these changes to the bazaar branch.

Gary