[bt-devel] General structure of the website

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Feb 18 05:35:43 MST 2010

We have already discussed about this a bit, but I feel we should do
now something about the site structure. It would be easier to add new
pages if we knew what to add and where.

My idea was to make "top level" sections which each can have
subsections. The most important top level section is "BibleTime",
"Application" or whatever we call it. It will be the Main and Home page
of www.bibletime.info. The page would look something like this:

  *BibleTime*  Develop  Blog  Facebook page  Contact

Home			Home page -- welcome
News			...introduction, latest news,
Download		one screenshot, Windows download link...
Features
Screenshots
Help

This "BibleTime" main section is meant to be for the application. It's
strictly about the application, directed for the end users who want to
know what BibleTime is, how to use it etc. It doesn't include anything
"extra" like community or development stuff. Currently we don't have a
good Features page. The Download page is already there.

Then there is the Develop section. It could be only one page which gives
the most important stable information and a link to the wiki. Another
option would be to move the wiki to Drupal. Then the main wiki pages
(which are now linked from the wiki main page) would be subsections:

  BibleTime  *Develop* ...

Developers' Home
Join or contact us
Translate
Development plan
Future plans

If the wiki is moved to Drupal the whole Develop section should be
non-translatable. Everyone interested in development or translation must
know English anyways.

The important thing now is to create a general page structure with main
sections and subsections. Then it's easy to "move" pages (which means
just linking them from different places, I think).

I also suggest we rename some of the current section links in the top
row. "Home" should be "Blog". Then there should be "BibleTime" link
under which there is the application home page and the subsection links
in the left side of the page, as described above. The link to Download
page should be moved there. This all is of course temporary, but it's
better to keep the blog page clean for end users while we work on the
new website.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland