[bt-devel] Serious Bug

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Feb 11 06:41:33 MST 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Martin Gruner wrote:

> Gary, Eeli, Jaak,
>
> thanks! This is one of the things I see as a weakness of C++. The inheritance
> is not explicit for virtual functions.

I agree completely, though I also agree with Jaak about the
documentation which we should use to patch the weaknesses of C++.

Anyways, maybe we should avoid refactoring and optimization in the end
of the release cycle. If those changes had been done in the beta phase
they could have gone unnoticed.

I also have said that optimization for optimization's sake is bad. All
optimizations should be either trivial and leading to more
understandable code or be backed up by hard evidence of being critical
for actual use cases. We have some weak points in the processor and
memory usage but they won't go away with casual refactoring.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland