[bt-devel] SWORD install path configuration problem on Windows

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:30:15 MST 2010

Here is some "noon time" detective work.

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Install the BibleCS starter pack.
> Install BibleTime.
> Check which install paths are shown in the BT Bookshelf Manager and

C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Application Data\Sword
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sword
> which one is chosen.

C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Application Data\Sword
> Install a work.
>
> Does it work?
Yes ( <name>  path)
> Does it work with another install path chosen?
No (All Users path)
> Or if you
> add install paths?
No.

If I remove the SWORD_PATH environment variable that was set by BibleCS,
the books I installed appear in Bt. The books installed by BibleCS still
appear in it.

Gary