[bt-devel] On Linux too?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Feb 1 03:12:42 MST 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/INSTALL
>
> Under:
> MODULE INSTALLATION SCHEME
> DETAILS
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Troy

I have read it before, but thanks for the pointer - I'm seeing something
now. Probably we are doing it wrong. We set the engine to always use the
home directory. The document seems to be inadequate here, it doesn't
tell about the possibility to use or not use the home directory. It
shouldn't be necessary to add the DataPath or augment paths to the
sword.conf file because the $HOME/.sword is used anyways. But this isn't
actually possible because SWORD uses only the ./ directory if there's
nothing in sword.conf file. The user can't remove the default
/usr/share/sword path (or whatever it is) because ./ is then added
automatically and other paths don't work.

We should always write at least one path (i.e. $HOME/.sword) to
$HOME/.sword/sword.conf file. Then it probably would work.

But the location of the locales.d is problematic. If the user wants to
use only one path which isn't the default path (e.g. /usr/share/sword/)
he looses the localizations. In my opinion locales.d should be
independent from the module directories, they are logically very
different things.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland