[bt-devel] Gitorious Branch

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:42:50 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PPS: For a long time, I've actually thought about finding or writing a
>> proper templating engine for C++ like Smarty (for PHP) or the one used
>> by Django (a Python framework) for use with BibleTime.
>
> That's an interesting idea. There are some pre-existing libraries. See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/537820/whats-a-good-html-template-engine-for-c

One of the ones linked further down that reply thread is
http://www.gitorious.org/grantlee/ which seems to cover everything you
just mentioned and more.  C++ based template engine, based off of
Django and built using Qt.  Seems actively up-to-date and the
developer has several merges from others in his activity, so he seems
happy to accept merge requests for patches and bugfixes if we need to.
 Downside: it's rather a young application, judging by its version
number v0.1.7.

--Greg