[bt-devel] Gitorious Branch

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Dec 13 13:44:48 MST 2010

Hi Greg,

I like your suggestions and your implementation proposal!

For module specific stuff, I'd recommend to put classes on the <body>
element, one for the module type ("Bible"), and one for the specific
module ("Bible_KJV"). That gives you all freedom writing your CSS.

With the CSS, you could go one step further and consolidate redundant
CSS from the different templates into a basic CSS files which is always
preloaded. Then the different styles only need to define their
differences from that. Example:

.sup {
       vertical-align: super;
}
.sub {
       vertical-align: sub;
}
.right {
       text-align: right;
}
.center {
       text-align: center;
}
.bold {
       font-weight:bold;
}

This stuff makes sense everywhere and should be consolidated. It is not
really style-specific.

Right now I don't know if different HTML skeletons are really
neccessary, but the option of having them is certainly not bad.

My vote: good, can be improved, should be included in BibleTime master.

Regards, mg