[bt-devel] General Book Navigation

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 00:24:44 MST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>wrote:

> I suspect that there are some large books that might be to big for
> performance and memory size reasons.

Absolutely. Some of them are huge (early church fathers for example). What
we do in BPBible 0.5 is lazy loading (scroll up/down and you get new
content), which works reasonably well.

A possible alternative would be to display a chapter at a time (Chapters =
> First level nodes). Perhaps the display granularity could be a display
> option chosen by the user. I would encourage you to experiment along these
> lines.

There is a module .conf entry for genbooks, DisplayLevel, which indicates
this; DisplayLevel=1 is the default, meaning show the lowest level of
hierarchy at once. DisplayLevel=2, which some of the genbooks have, means
show the two lowest levels of hierarchy together (so for the book of
Jubilees for example, it would should a whole chapter at a time). If I
remember correctly, BibleTime already supports this feature.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!