[bt-devel] git help

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:10:36 MST 2010

Martin,

I believe this command will succeed in what you're trying to do (note,
even over my very zippy cable modem, this took a very long time to
negotiate all 2400+ revisions out of SVN)

git svn clone --ignore-paths="^trunk/(bibletime2|sandbox|website-2.0|website)"
https://bibletime.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bibletime

That pulls the full tags/ and branches/ and only trunk/bibletime.
Obviously that arrangement is very unintuitive for git, where all the
tags and branches is already stored deep in .git and accessed through
other methods, but it should allow you to perform the conversions to a
more native git format you were hoping for.

--Greg