[bt-devel] Moving to DVCS?

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:37:44 MST 2010

On 08/01/2010 01:00 PM, Raoul Snyman wrote:
> On Sunday 01 August 2010 21:55:24 Martin Gruner wrote:
>
>> Can you please give your opinions on this? Are there compelling reasons
>> not to use git? I agree that the interface is somewhat complex, but it
>> is not impossible to use (especially for the simple use cases) and good
>> documentation is available. Even I managed to use it!
>>
> A) Git is too complicated
> B) I already use Bazaar

I have only had a small amount of usage of either. I think that the
reasons Martin gives for using git are good reasons. I did get burned
once by Bazaar when rebasing but I believe it was due to complications
of having the original repository in svn, so this is not really a
negative on Bazaar.

I would vote first for git, but I would not be unhappy if we choose Bazaar.

Gary