[bt-devel] Qt versions and Hardy Backport of Bibletime 2.0

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Sep 24 18:07:42 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 01:22 -0700, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
>
> > So if it is too complicated to provide packages for the actuel LTS
> > versions of Linux (8.04), perhaps this can be done in the future. I
> > suppose that Ubuntu 10.04 could be the next LTS candidate, or what do
> > you think?
>
> Following Gary's tip about Qt 4.4.x being in hardy-backports already,
> and fiddling with our PPAs so they use *-backports, and then wrestling a
> bit with what versions of things we really truly *need* ... it builds!
>
> Both bibledit 3.7 and bibletime 2.0 for Hardy are building in the main
> Crosswire PPA now, and should be downloadable from there in under an hour.
>
> NOTE: You will need to enable the hardy-backports repo in your
> /etc/apt/sources.list file and update ( sudo apt-get update ) before you
> will be able to install bibletime (and perhaps also bibledit).
>
> Please let me know if these actually work for you :)
<snip>
Alas, it fails on my fully patched Ubuntu 8.0.4 on amd64 installation.
With eager anticipation to finally use my Bibletime again after the 64
bit problem in the personal commentary kept me away for a few years, I
installed the crosswire ppa and enabled hardy backports.

I then upgraded Bibletime and Sword.  On Bibletime's first start, it
detected a KDE 3 configuration and offered to import to which I said yes
(I am still running KDE 3.5).  Then nothing.  I tried from the command
line and it generated a segmentation fault.  I rebooted just in case and
started Bibletime from the command line.  Again, segmentation fault - no
additional information.

Any idea what I need to do to get my beloved Bibletime working at last?
Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation