[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2807600 ] Qt movabilityof toolbar components

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 18 21:44:46 MST 2009

Bugs item #2807600, was opened at 2009-06-17 02:11
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by gholmlund
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2807600&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
>Category: Frontend / Toolbar Tools
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In report: '2798759 Number of title lines' Eeli Kaikkonen comments: '2.0 uses the "docking windows" feature of Qt. You can drag and drop those tabs/windows.' ...

Applying this to the toolbar (e.g. for Biblical works) you can pull to a different place  the
- reference tool,
- work tool (for the current window change works, add or remove additional) and
- search/display tools.

This is an 'overkill of movability' because each window of an opened work has its own toolbar, e.g.:
- having 2 Biblical works open and pull the reference tool out of both of them, you do not know, which one belongs to which window.
- you can pull the reference tool of window1 into window2 and the one from window2 into window1

-> Limit the movability (based on Qt) for toolbar components

Date: 2009-09-18 21:44

Message:
ToolBar can be rearranged within the top area of a window, but will not
move elsewhere.

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2009-06-24 01:29

Message:
It's indeed an automatic feature of Qt toolbars. They  can be dragged
between windows because they are all main windows. We have used main
windows because it's easy to add a toolbar to a main window. I don't
remember the details, but we should explore the possibility of using
something else than main windows and possibly of creating our own toolbars,
though it means more code. There are also other automatic features in the
toolbar which are not good for us, mainly automatic hiding of buttons.