[bt-devel] Bug when using BtInstallMgr

Jaak Ristioja Ristioja at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 12:12:49 MST 2009

Hi!

I'm not sure who is responsible for having written code using the method

void BtInstallMgr::statusUpdate(double dltotal, double dlnow),

but when this method is called, it uses uninitialized values of
BtInstallMgr::m_completedBytes and BtInstallMgr::m_totalBytes, which
might in some cases even lead to division-by-zero exceptions etc. I
think this happens because the BtInstallMgr::preStatus is not called
before calling BtInstallMgr::statusUpdate (at least ack and grep didn't
show anything calling preStatus).

I can't fix this myself, because I don't know that code this well.

Jaak