[bt-devel] BT doesn't start on WinXP

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:13:39 MST 2009

Eeli,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Eeli Kaikkonen
<eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:
> I just installed BT with Windows installer on another XP. When I try to
> start it, Windows gives message "Program cannot be started" (or something
> similar, it's in Finnish) in command line, or "Starting application failed,
> because application configuration [how it is put together] is erroneous" in
> GUI.

This is Microsoft secret code language designed to confuse the user
and irritate the developer.  It means simply that the required
redistributable libraries were not installed.  If you note Gary and my
messages from last night, you'll see I had the same problem.  At CMake
time, you have to download a file which installs the VS
redistributables and provide the path to that program to CMake before
you create the vcproj files.  More details about it are in our
discussion from last night.

--Greg