[bt-devel] New Windows Build

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 12 20:02:19 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Chris Little wrote:
>
>> I'm curious to know why BT is identifying "en" as American English
>> rather than English. This is a bug in itself.
>>
>> --Chris
>
> Probably because the SWORD locales.d has no en_US but en_GB, which
> suggests that en_US is the default.

The default is really just "en". I believe the history on "en_GB" was to
facilitate people who expected an exact match to their locale setting. I
suspect it shouldn't be there at all, since it is byte-for-byte
identical to the default locale.

I'll nuke en_GB from SVN. I suspect no one will even notice.

The most significant issue with expanding "en" to "American English" is
that you end up with no option for "English", which is what most people
would actually look for. Not having a more general options makes it look
like the millions of English speakers who are neither American nor
British are left out.

--Chris