[bt-devel] Bug-a-thon Follow up, Part I

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at stthomasanglican.org
Sun Oct 11 11:59:30 MST 2009

My thanks to all that showed up that helped make this Bug-a-thon a
tremendous success. It was my initial intent as part of the Bug-a-thon
to bring the developers together, which we did, to close stale dated
tracker IDs, 12 iirc, and to draw in contributors from the outside.
Raoul Snyman, while not an outsider, got commit access and added a
feature to BT (you did close that tracker ID, right superfly?)

It was an absolute pleasure and honour to virutally meet every body
via mumble chat! There is something to be said about being able to
have an interactive conversation to properly convey sentiment.

As we went, I made some notes for us TODO so here it is

- Packagers mailing list, something we can trigger build reminders to
our packaging compadres - Martin
- Estabish an EOL (end of life) for tracker IDs for older versions,
particularly if we cannot duplicate the error - All
- https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2844050&group_id=954&atid=350954
- Gary, Greg(?)
- https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2860736&group_id=954&atid=350954
- Raoul (done?)
- Explore a blog + social media outlets - Thomas, Raoul, Joachim(?)
- https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1451770&group_id=954&atid=100954
- closed it be need to update Development Plan - Martin and Eeli(?)
- Schedule the next meeting of the minds/developers summit/conference
call/feature-a-thon - All

The question mark (?) indicates you did not volunteer, but matches
related contributions you have made in the past.

Part II of this will be on the wiki on the days to follow.

Thanks again all, I had a lot of fun working with you guys this weekend.

Your brother in Christ

Thomas