[bt-devel] Serious bugs in auto-cascade mode

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Nov 30 07:04:11 MST 2009

If I switch to auto-cascade mode and open two windows, the first window
is opened maximized. When the second window is appended, the title bar
of the first window stays in "maximized" mode even though the window
itself is cascaded. When I click the other window (under the first one),
it gets maximized. I have to restore (unmaximize) the maximized window.

After that I can switch between the windows as expected. But if I
maximize one of them, they will be messed up. The title bar and the text
window toolbar are mixed and the window doesn't have borders. The title
bar is doubled in the the main window, as if one text window were
maximized, but neither is maximized. If I minimize one of the windows,
it can't be restored but the other one will stay maximized and the other
one won't be shown even in the Window->Open Windows menu list. If I now
minimize the open window, they both are minimized and can be maximized
by clicking either restore or maximize button.

If these problems can't be fixed, maybe we should leave this
auto-cascade mode out.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland