[bt-devel] New Window Arrangement Mode

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Nov 26 10:05:46 MST 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Gary Holmlund wrote:

> I propose to add two new windows arrangement modes, tabbed and tiled.
>
> http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/New_Window_Arrangement_Modes
>
> What do you think?

Looks very good, especially the tabbed one could be very handy and easy
to use. I presume there's some kind of RMB menu in the tab label or
some other way to close it?

We have had some discussion with Jaak about our windowing system. We
both agreed that a tabbed interface would be good, but so that several
windows could be opened inside a tab. And the windows should be
separated by splitters - now the windows can't be easily resized, the
manual mode is clumsy. But this would need a complete redesign and
rewrite.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland