[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-1602826 ] Bookmarks should be saved automatically

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Nov 25 12:26:22 MST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 15:03 +0000, SourceForge.net wrote:
> Bugs item #1602826, was opened at 2006-11-25 14:48
> Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by k486
> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=1602826&group_id=954
>
> Please note that this message will contain a full copy of the comment thread,
> including the initial issue submission, for this request,
> not just the latest update.
> Category: None
> Group: in progress
>
> Initial Comment:
> Package: bibletime
> Version: 1.5.3 3.5.2, Kubuntu Package 4:3.5.2-0ubuntu18.1 dapper
> Severity: wishlist
> Compiler: Target: i486-linux-gnu
> OS: Linux 2.6.15.7 i686 (Kubuntu Package 4:3.5.2-0ubuntu18.1 dapper)
>
> Hi,
>
> Bookmarks should be saved automatically whenever they are modified. If computer crashes or bibletime process is killed all new bookmarks will be lost.

> Comment By: Kang Sun (k486)
> Date: 2009-11-24 19:40
>
> Message:
> Checked in R1922.  Please test.

> Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)
> Date: 2009-11-23 13:24
>
> Message:
> Kang, please go ahead and implement this!
> Regards, mg

> Comment By: Kang Sun (k486)
> Date: 2009-11-23 10:23
>
> Message:
> Is this item still relevant?

> Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)
> Date: 2008-05-17 04:16
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=169722
> Originator: NO
>
> Eeli, can you implement this? Can be later than 1.7.

> Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)
> Date: 2007-03-21 02:25
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=169722
> Originator: NO
>
> Joachim, can you do this then?

> Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
> Date: 2006-11-27 13:42
>
> Message:
> Logged In: NO
>
> I don't exactly understand what you are saying.
>
> But nevertheless: Just go ahead! =)
>
> I'm not against implementing this, it is possible, but not neccessary imo.
> That's why I closed the bug.
>
> God bless. mg

> Comment By: Joachim Ansorg (joachim)
> Date: 2006-11-27 13:08
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=1486
> Originator: YES
>
> Hm,
> since there is no way of "undo" all changes to the bookmarks are supposed
> to be saved. So, imho, it shouldn't be possible to lose some of those
> changes.
> What do you think, Martin?
>
> btw, this has been a bug report to our info-email, so I'm not the
> reporter-.

> [...]
<snip>
If I recall, this is a major problem because there is no way to manually
save bookmarks.  In other words, if one wants to periodically save
bookmarks in case of a crash, one cannot.  One must exit Bibletime to
save bookmarks.  I would think that auto-saving is a questionable merit;
I suppose one could always delete autosaved bookmarks one didn't want -
John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation