[bt-devel] Bookmarks saving

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Wed Nov 25 08:47:09 MST 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 17:23:32 Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> I mean, what are those consecutive calls? I didn't notice any. And if
> there are, there might be a better way to handle them than continual
> polling.

What about a pseudo-timer mechanism? Only save bookmarks after X
seconds/minutes. Basically, have a variable that keeps the last saved time,
and then if you change anything it looks at the last saved time. Then if that
time is more than, let's say, 10 seconds ago, it saves the bookmarks. When it
saves them, it updates the time variable, of course.

Just a thought...

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za