[bt-devel] Fixed the double verse reference in main window title

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:06:32 MST 2009

I found that both our code and qt set the main window title under
certain circumstances. When the active book window changes we set the
title to "BibleTime" + the BT revision + the book window title.

When the book windows are maximized the titlebar of that window does not
show any longer so Qt appends the book window title to the "original"
man window title. The reasoning here is that when book windows are
maximized is the only time you don't see the title on the book window,
so it is appended onto the original main window title.

These two competing ways of setting the title were happening and usually
we set the title after Qt and it looks ok, but when restoring a session
(perhaps other ways) it happens in the reverse order so that we set the
title and Qt appends to it.

The only real answer was to removing our setting of the title when the
active book window changes. BT only sets the main window title once now.
When in manual mode with maximized windows, the Qt append happens. At
other times you will not see the book window title (verse reference) in
the main window title.

Gary