[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2899722 ] Inconsistent behavior when clicking on Bible Reference links

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 23 12:49:28 MST 2009

Bugs item #2899722, was opened at 2009-11-18 12:18
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mgruner
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2899722&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bible display window
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am running BibleTimesvnr1823 on WindowsXP

I'm doing some experimenting with Bible reference links that contain multiple references.
I understand that a particular text may be tagged in a way that is inconsistent and can cause behavior differences in BibleTime.  However, I believe I've found some examples where BibleTime does not properly handle Bible Reference links.

First example :
Abbott Commentary @ Matthew 1:1 - There is a link with the text 'Luke 5:27, 29,'  When I hover over this link the Mag tools display the correct references, that is, Luke 5:27 and Luke 5:29.  However, if I click on this link then two Bible windows are opened both of them are at Luke 5:27.

The Problem:
  One window should be Luke 5:27 and the other should be Luke 5:29. If the mag tool can display the correct references then BibleTime should be able to open the windows to the correct points.

Ideally, I would want only one Bible window to open and the verses should be clearly indicated (by indicated I mean they should be highlighted, have a star next to them or use some other means to point them out from the rest of the text)

I will download the source to the Abbott commentary and look at this link. Perhaps this will shed some light on the problem.

Date: 2009-11-23 20:49

Message:
Daniel, working on Linux with revision 1894, BibleTime only opens the first
reference, which is good. We just don't support verse lists yet.
The doble opening was caused by another bug which I fixed at our second
Bug-A-Thon.

Regards, Martin

Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)