[bt-devel] Refactoring displaywindows classes; a future feature

'Kang Sun' k486 at digizip.com
Mon Nov 23 10:52:35 MST 2009

* Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote on [2009/11/19 16:57]:

> I don't know if we mean same things. First, I'm not changing the
> majority of messagin in text windows. I'm trying to find out how it
> really works and meantime I noticed that it's better to change only the
> module selector buttonbar/buttons. They don't actually need moduleinfo
> in most places. And a window already has a list of modules, but as
> string list! The pointer list is generated on-the-fly in a getter
> method (I only put similar code in the backend). So, copying string
> lists is actually cheaper.

So, basically, string representations of VerseKeys are passed around?
Can we discuss passing smart-pointers to the versekeys or modules?  I'm
just concerned that a string representation may not be able to fully
capture some information (I have no idea what at the moment :) ) that we
might want to use in the future.