[bt-devel] updating ui translations while building

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Nov 22 14:56:43 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:

> the .qm file generation is now improved.
> Can you please try again?

Sure.  I updated to svn r1884.  I also had to svn revert all the *.ts
files, which feels odd, but I did it, so that svn status produces no output.

>>   cd ~/bibletime && svn update && ./build-debug.sh   # Build BT
>>
>> "does the right thing" -- it builds the *.qm files.  So far, so good.
>> (It seems to create .qm files in the ~bibletime/build directory, and
>> then install those into ~/bibletime/install/share/bibletime/locale/ ).

This still works just as it did before, no obvious difference.

>>   find ~/bibletime -name "*.qm" |xargs rm  # Remove any .qm files
>>   cd ~bibletime/build && make messages     # Recreate the .qm files
>>
>> it does not rebuild the *.qm files (although the last line of output
>> from make says "Built target messages")!

Same issue -- still the *.qm files are not getting built by "make
messages" when I do this.  And all the *.ts files are now modified
(looks like the build-debug.sh run does that).

Do you need to see one of my modified .ts files, or are you seeing this
behaviour as well?

Lastly, I notice that if I try

  cd ~bibletime/build && make bibletime_ui_es.qm

I get:

  make: *** No rule to make target `bibletime_ui_es.qm'.  Stop.

Even though that is where the top level make command generated them!
Odd.  So, there does not seem to be a make rule for generating each .qm
file from its .ts file?

Jonathan