[bt-devel] BT debug output

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:01:30 MST 2009

There have been questions here and on #bibletime about debug output in
BibleTime. If you have the latest source of either the trunk or 2.4
fixes branch the following should be true:

    You only get output if you use the --debug command line option.

    It works the same with Qt 4.4 or 4.5

    It does not work at all on Windows

On Windows stdin,stdout, and stderr are not available to use. To get
debug output on Windows we are going to have to output it somewhere
else. Two possibilities are writing it to a file or creating a 2nd Qt
window with a scrollbar and output onto the window.

If we write it to a file we would need a directory that is writable on
all plaforms. We could you the directory where .bibletimerc is written.

I somewhat prefer writing it to a 2nd window.

In either case it seems right to change for all platforms. Any thoughts
about this?

Gary