[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2898235 ] words cut to two lines in text windows

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 17 07:41:41 MST 2009

Bugs item #2898235, was opened at 2009-11-15 23:43
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2898235&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Copied from the crosswire forum:

"When I use greek and hebrew bibles in bible time, sometimes it does not show the whole word in the same line, but the beginning of the word or the end of the word comes on the previous or next line."

I have already noticed the same with Greek and Finnish. Is this a bug in Qt? I don't see any logic behind the occurrences. It doesn't hyphenate, just cuts a word in random place. The word may be long or short.

Date: 2009-11-17 14:41

Message:
Attached a screenshot. Kubuntu 9.10, Qt 4.5.2, BT r1826. Don't bother to
look at it if you don't read Koine :)