[bt-devel] Your changes in CVS

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue Nov 17 02:16:35 MST 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:08:03 +0200 (EET), Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> BTW, if the long time waiting for final realease is a problem, maybe we
> could create a new 2.x branch before beta or rc? Then the head would be
> open to larger changes.

I'd recommend that beta release becomes a code freeze, we branch then, and
only bug fixes happen in that branch. Once final is released, we can merge
those bug fixes back into trunk. This branching technique will allow
greater freedom in trunk, and less problems. Of course our tagging of
releases happens in conjunction with this.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/