[bt-devel] [Bibletime-translations] Looking for translations for the bibletime.desktop file

Thomas Abthorpe thomas at stthomasanglican.org
Thu Nov 12 14:16:02 MST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 22:57:49 +0200 (EET)
Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> wrote:

> > Just bringing this back to the dev list.
>
> Sorry :)

No worries, I figured this was more of a developers issue than a translators
issue!

> > My FreeBSD env favours iso-8859-1 over UTF-8 encodings, so I am just
> > getting more up to speed on some of this stuff.
> >

> Indeed, your commit 1778 wasn't utf8 and doesn't actually fix anything.

Thanks for pointing that out, turns out it is a two-fold issue on my behalf.
First being UTF-8 encoding needing to turned "on" in my editor, and my
freebsd specific client version of subversion, which stripped the UTF-8
encoding.

Hopefully my next commit will correct the French, and include the Italian
contribution.

> > Having done some investigating of other internationalised .desktop files,
> > many set
> >
> > Encoding=UTF-8
> >
> > Do you see some merit to setting that in our desktop file?
>

> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/
>
> It says the file is utf8 and doesn't say anything about Encoding= field.
> Probably it's an old, depracated field.

Ok, good enough for me, thanks again!

Thomas