[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2895196 ] Modules installed under 'All Users' do not display

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 12 06:42:03 MST 2009

Bugs item #2895196, was opened at 2009-11-10 13:54
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eelik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2895196&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Bookshelf
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Open the Bookshelf Manager --> F4
Change the install folder to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sword\'
Install any modules you like
Close the Bookshelf Manager

The modules that were just install do not show up in the Bookshelf sidebar on the left

I am running Bibletime svnr1767 on WindowsXP

Date: 2009-11-12 13:42

Message:
The Bookshelf Folders configuaration dialog shows the location of the
config file. What's that for you, and what it includes? (It should be only
couple of lines so you can paste it here.)

And please clarify, is the problem with any path you add or just All
Users? Can you uninstall and delete everything, including modules and their
folders, and start from scratch to see if the problem persists?

Comment By: agnathan (danielholmlund)
Date: 2009-11-12 09:39

Message:
Eelik,

To answer your questions :
1. The modules are being installed and I can navigate to the install
directory and verify that they are there.  So I believe the backend is
working.
2. Restarting Bibletime does not cause the modules to be displayed

I talked to Gary about this and he believes that this might be caused by
multiple sword.conf files.

Recently, the sword.conf file has been moved from 'C:\Program
Files\BibleTime\bin' to the users Application Data directory, in my case
'C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel Holmlund\Application Data\Sword'

If leaving multiple sword.conf files around can cause problems then
perhaps the installer should clean up older versions before installing.  In
any case, I deleted the sword.conf located in 'C:\Program
Files\BibleTime\bin' and it did not fix the problem.

Cheers.

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2009-11-10 14:19

Message:
The second problem (in your second post) is probably due to a known bug
which I recently reported here, namely that adding or removing paths isn't
reflected in the backend and therefore in the bookshelf.

About the first problem: did you check if the modules were installed at
all in the filesystem? Did quitting/starting BibleTime help?

Comment By: agnathan (danielholmlund)
Date: 2009-11-10 14:07

Message:
If I create any other directory, for example 'c:\tmp' and install a module
there.
After the installation, the modules do not show up in the Bookshelf dock
window.