[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2885221 ] morphology search does not work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 10 14:23:22 MST 2009

Bugs item #2885221, was opened at 2009-10-23 23:41
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tabthorpe
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2885221&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Search dialog
Group: new bug

Initial Comment:
I hoped, that "morph:Taufe" finds "getauft" too but it doesn't find anything at all. And a search only for "morph:" crashes BibleTime.
BibleTime version: 1.6.5.1
Linux: Ubuntu 9.04
KDE: 4.2.2

- but THANKS A LOT for the great work!!! -

Comment By: Thomas Abthorpe (tabthorpe)
Date: 2009-11-09 16:17

Message:
The documentation now includes some information regarding morphological
searches. As I understand it Taufe is not a tag that would be indexed for
this usage.

While the version of BT listed is old, I have confirmed that entering
morph: alone on the search will crash BT-svn1767

Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)
Date: 2009-11-09 15:25

Message:
Thomas, please look at the docs to see if morph searching is described
appropriately and close this report.
Regards, Martin

Comment By: Eeli Kaikkonen (eelik)
Date: 2009-10-24 05:56

Message:
"morph" is for special embedded morphology codes in some original language
texts, it doen't mean the basic form of a word. If you have read our
documentation (search help, maybe) and got the wrong impression, it's a bug
in our documentation - is this the case?

Crashing is of course a bug. We have had other similar problems which are
related to the serch engine we are using. However, the problem has been
worked on and your BibleTime version seems to be very old. You may be able
to install a newer one, see http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Packaging.
Please tell if the problem still persists.