[bt-devel] [ bibletime-Bugs-2889535 ] Missing results for ESV search

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 10 06:58:59 MST 2009

Bugs item #2889535, was opened at 2009-10-30 16:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by lukeplant
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100954&aid=2889535&group_id=954

not just the latest update.
Category: Frontend / Search dialog
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If I search for 'discouraged' in ESV, the results do not include Isaiah 42:4, which has the word in it.

If I search for 'discouraged*', Isaiah 42 appears.

The only think I noticed is that the word has a footnote immediately after it.  But other words with footnotes after them are correctly found.

I think I have found other instances of this before, but I'm not sure if it's just deja-vu now!

Comment By: Luke Plant (lukeplant)
Date: 2009-11-10 13:58

Message:
At the time of report, I was using BibleTime 2.3, with Sword 1.6.0, and
probably  clucene 9.20 (I was using Ubuntu Jaunty).  Upgrading to Ubuntu
Karmic did not change anything.  I upgraded to BibleTime svn, and it
recreated the search indexes when I tried to search.  And now it works.

Comment By: Martin Gruner (mgruner)
Date: 2009-11-09 20:14

Message:
Hi Luke. All the problems you reported are not problems for me. Search
works correctly in ESV. Please make sure you have the latest BibleTime (2.3
or SVN) and Sword (1.6.0+). Which clucene do you use? I have 0.9.20, Sword
1.6.0 and BibleTime SVN. This combination works as expected in all cases.
Also make sure you have the latest ESV, please.
Regards, Martin

Comment By: Luke Plant (lukeplant)
Date: 2009-10-30 18:41

Message:
Here are some others: (using « and » as markers around the actual search
text, for clarity)

There are many more like this, throughout the Psalms, wherever there is a
line break without punctuation.

Comment By: Luke Plant (lukeplant)
Date: 2009-10-30 16:10

Message: