[bt-devel] Devaway

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 10 03:12:41 MST 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Jaak Ristioja wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm not very happy to announce, that I likely won't be able to do much
> more hacking on BibleTime till the end of the year due to studying this
> semester. Study projects and assignments are constantly being piled on
> my poor head and I'm currently just trying hard not to fail any classes.
>
> To be safe, at the moment I can only promise bugfixes to my own code
> (the new bookshelf model) and an estonian translation for 2.4.
>
> God Bless!
> Jaak

I can only feel empathy :) I begun studying in university in -95 and
haven't got it ready yet. On the other hand BibleTime wouldn't be where
it's now if I would have only studied and worked, but on the other hand
our earthly responsibilities have been assigned by God and it's not good
to do only pleasant things like hacking.

Just keep in touch with your code for couple of hours or even half an
hour a week if at all possible, otherwise it's very difficult to get
back to it later. Let's try to keep in touch via irc or in Bug-A-Thon.
My wishlist has only one important item for you, namely reflecting the
grouping in all UI. But if you can do it next year it's good enough. You
have done good job this far.

BTW, I should be studying right now...

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland